Monday, September 10, 2012

No Nest for the Wicket by Donna Andrews

My read every book we own project continues. There is no mystery as to where this book came from. I bought this and another Donna Andrews book as an Xmas present for Maureen a few Xmas ago.


No Nest for the Wicket by Donna Andrews

If you like the Stephie Plum books (and I do), you'll like Meg Langslow stories too. The same easy, breezy writing style with interesting and likeable characters and lightly humorous situations.


Long story short, a female blacksmith and her professor fiance buy a small farm in a town filled with eccentric people. Most of the town is engaged in an Xtreme Croquet tournament when the narrator literally falls over a body.

There didn't seem to be a lot of clues to ponder to figure out who the killer was, so as a murder mystery, I don't know if it holds up, but it was a very pleasant journey.


2 comments:

Kindly Old Mr. Curtin said...

I dunno if I admire your perseverance or am just really glad I would never, ever be tempted to do something like this, so I conflicted but fascinated that you are doing it.

Scoats said...

I found some really great books that have been hiding on my shelves for years (The Naked Sun and Shadow something). So far I have been happy with the results of this project.

I find myself looking forward with anticipation at several books I know are a few years away.